I’m trying to learn for my English class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
For this discussion, you will visit Twitter (Links to an external site.) and click on the little magnifying glass on the left side of the screen to reveal the search box to search Twitter. Then, do the following:
- In the search box, type the words “predictive policing” in the search box and click “enter” to initiate a Twitter search.
- Scroll down the page and review some of the tweets that mention the term predictive policing. Choose two tweets that interest you. Choose different tweets from those your classmates have chosen. Therefore, this is a good activity to do early in the week. (Classmates tweets attached below. Make sure to look at them so you don’t choose the same).
- Share the links to the tweets in the discussion board. See below for further instructions on what to include in your discussion.
- If you do not have a Twitter account, simply click on the tweet and copy and paste the URL for the tweet. Share the link on the discussion board. See below for further instructions on what to include in your discussion.
- In addition to the links to the two tweets you chose, please address the following in your discussion:
- Overall, what did you observe in reviewing the tweets from the Twitter search term “predictive policing?” For example, what concerns with predictive policing are addressed in the tweets?
- Were you able to make sense of what predictive policing is based on your review of the tweets on this topic?
- Based on your review of the recent tweets (in the past six months), did it appear that predictive policing is effective?
- If you were to reply to one of the tweets you chose about predictive policing, what would you say? (Remember that you can use only 140 characters or less on Twitter so be clever in your tweet.)
Your initial post must be a minimum of 300 words. Support your initial post with examples from your required reading material and/or scholarly or credible sources, using the Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) document for guidance. Please provide both in-text citations and a references list at the end of your initial post in APA style (Links to an external site.), as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).