I’m stuck on a Law question and need an explanation.
Case Study 1: Lizardo versus Denny Inc. NDI
Due Week 3 and worth 50 points
Read the description of the case of Lizardo versus Denny Inc. NDI in Chapter 2 of the textbook under Tort Liability. Then, read the appeal of the case found on the Case Law Website, located at http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-2nd-circuit/1405426.html.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Describe how the security guards and Denny’s management should have handled the situation.
- Explain why the security guards’ daytime occupation influenced the decision in the case.
- Justify the court’s decision to neglect this as a case of discrimination.
- Assess how this case can serve as a precedent for other cases and the conclusions you can you draw from this precedent.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the legal issues that define, mandate, and control the performance of security functions.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in security assessment and solutions.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to security assessment and solutions using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.