I’m stuck on a Law question and need an explanation.
Create an essay of 750-1,000 words regarding the ethics involved in research and include the following:
- Summarize Philip Zimbardo’s simulated prison study from 1971 and his concept of the “Lucifer effect.”
- Explain the ethical problems and potential for human harm associated with this type of experiment.
- Describe the ethical standard for research upheld today by Institutional Review Boards (IRB) that would prohibit such an experiment.
Be sure to cite three to five relevant scholarly sources in support of your content. Use only sources found at the GCU Library, government websites or those provided in Topic Materials.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide,
Ethics in Research
- View Human Subjects Research Training: “Protecting Human Subjects”
- PDF titled PHRP. Reflect on History, Codes and Regulations, Respect for Persons, Beneficence and Justice.
- Explore the Research Clinic
Choose a vulnerable population and describe the ethical issues surrounding this population. What is the role of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) in protecting vulnerable populations? Should the population be considered for research? Why is it important to have diverse populations sampled in research?
National Institute of Health (2008). Protecting Human research participants. Retrieved from https://learn.americansentinel.edu/pluginfile.php/709455/course/section/110371/PHRP%20%282%29.pdf
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
- 2 to 3-page paper. Include title and reference pages.
Note: Title and reference pages/slides do not count towards the count requirements.