Help me study for my History class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Select any four questions of your choice and ensure that you answer all parts of the question. Each answer should be at a minimum two- three page and doubled spaced. The average papers for all four-question range between 10-12 pages. You do not have to cite your sources. I encourage you to use the internet to expand your answers with the primary text book. Once completed submit the midterm as an upload into canvas.
- What were the demographic effects of the Columbian exchange?
- Compare and explain the reasons for differences or similarities between the European colonies of North and South America.
- State and justify your position on the role of the Catholic Church in regard to relations with the Amerindian people in either the Spanish or the French American colonies.
- Describe capitalism and mercantilism and explain their roles in the development of the Atlantic system.
- What factors led to the development of the African slave trade?
- What effects did slavery have on economic life in Africa?
- How was the Ottoman Empire administered under Suleiman the Magnificent (1520-1566)?
- What were the roles of the Portuguese, Oman, and the Dutch in the development of trade in the Indian Ocean and Southeast Asia?
- What factors led to the decline of the Ottoman, Safavid, and Mughal Empires?
- What did the Russian and Qing Empires have in common, and how did these common features affect the relationship between the two?
- Both the Qing and the Tokugawa governments were in decline by 1800. What reasons lay behind the decline of each government?
- Discuss the causes, conduct and consequences of the French, and the Haitian revolutions.
- What roles did Enlightenment thought and folk cultures play in the making of the eighteenth century revolutions?
- How did revolution in one country help incite revolutions elsewhere?
- Why did the Industrial Revolution begin in Britain rather than in continental Europe or the United States?
- What exactly is meant by the Industrial Revolution? What were the economic changes that revolutionized manufacturing in the eighteenth century and led to the factory system?
- How did the Industrial Revolution change people’s lives and the environment in which they lived and worked?
- What were the benefits and drawbacks to the Ottoman Empire as they attempted to modernize and reform during the Tanzimat period?
- Discuss the causes, conduct and consequences of the Crimean War.
- What internal and external challenges did the Qing Empire face in the early 1830-1870s?
- What were the causes of the revolutions for independence in Latin America (Venezuela, Mexico and Brazil between 1800 and 1850s?
- Who were some of the key individuals associated with the fight for independence in Latin America?
- What economic and social factors led to the abolitionist and women’s rights movement? Who was William Wilberforce and how did he contribute the abolition of slavery in England?