Can you help me understand this History question?
These readings introduced the careers of several prominent pirates after 1715. In your initial post, consider the following questions in a post of at least 250 words:
- Compare and contrast the lives of these four pirates as recounted by Daniel Defoe.
- What do you think constituted the shared experience of these pirates? What factors and/or circumstances contributed to the shared experience
Based on your readings, consider the following in a post of at least 250 words:
- How do the recent works on Blackbeard, all based primarily on archaeological discoveries, conflict with Defoe’s account?
- Why would primary and secondary source evidence differ? Which should be considered more reliable and why?
- What is the value of each type of source for students seeking to understand the history of pirates in the Golden Age?