Need help with my Social Science question – I’m studying for my class.
For this assignment you will be placing yourself in the position of someone who is wanting to enroll in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
First, you will create a fictional applicant. You will need to consider the following before trying to go through the enrollment process:
- Number of individuals in the household, including children, spouses, and elderly parents.
- Whether the applicant is enrolled in any other supplemental services or is receiving other financial support.
- Citizen status
- Job status/annual income
You will be comparing SNAP enrollment pages for 2 different US states. One of the states must be California. Once you have decided on the other state, go to their enrollment pages [you will be finding this on your own…after all, most people don’t have an instructor telling them what to do ;)].
Begin the SNAP enrollment process. Make sure to keep track of what answers you put for each question asked.
**IMPORTANT** Stop when you get to the “Tell us about yourself section”. We are not creating a real account for this assignment!!!
Answer the following reflection questions for this assignment (point values included in bold):
- How easy or difficult was it to find the enrollment page in each state? 5 points
- How easy or difficult was it to enroll for SNAP benefits in each state? Consider factors such as health and computer literacy. 5 points
- In your opinion, would you recommend someone enrolling online in each of these states? Why or why not? 5 points
- Describe any other thoughts that you had as you were completing the enrollment process. 5 points
(You are required to answer task #4 questions only by following the steps in tasks (1 – 3)