I need an explanation for this Political Science question to help me study.
This assignment is designed to help you think about how the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution and examine how the presidency and Congress are functioning today.
Consider the current Congress and Office of the President.
Discuss how contemporary activities of these two branches of the U.S. government compare and contrast with the intentions of the founders. Your examination of the topic should include information about the following:
- Structure and makeup of Congress
- Differences between the House of Representatives and the Senate
- Powers granted to Congress and the president under the Constitution
- Checks and balances of power, considering Congress, the president, and the judiciary
- Roles and responsibilities of the president
- Evolution of presidential power
- How bills become laws
Format your assignment as either one of the following:
- 12- to 15-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes in a separate word document.
- 875-word paper
References: include support from at least 3 sources, 1 of which can be your textbook. Do not use Wikipedia, Quora, Yahoo Questions or other crowdsourced websites as references.
- Include a reference list in APA format.
- Use in-text citations in APA format.
- Include Speakers notes